It is Just A Card week this week and I have decided to join in because it really hammers home the fact to me that I may have been able to keep my shop open if everyone who had come in and had a look would have purchased just a card I may have been more inclined to push through all of the other issues. Selling online is also a struggle for me and so many others that would really love to make a real go at our businesses, you can help, by purchasing from independent shops YOU really can make a difference.
So the task for day one is to tell you 10 things about me! Here they are, 10 things you may or may not know about me, Samantha Webb.
1. I always have an emergency Sherbet Fountain in my home somewhere. I don’t know what emergency would call for a Sherbet Fountain really but it makes me happy to know that I am never too far away from the sherbety goodness. If only I could think of a way to reuse the plastic containers; I do wish they would bring back the paper packaging.
2. Tea! Ask my three year old nephew Toby what his Aunty Sammy says and he will tell you ‘I want a cup of tea!’ It is true, there is always time for tea no matter the occasion. I am addicted to tea, milk and no sugar, thank you very much!
3. I have on more than one occasion been accused of being a North Pole Elf, now this could be because my diet is 90% sugar, or it could be because I can wrap any gift with three pieces of tape, THREE! But I like to think that it is because I am sort of a toy maker. I make artist teddy bears for my small business Moby and Puddle. I do have Santa on speed dial though, just ask the Webblings.
4. I am a born again Herbivore, at the age of 28 I decided that my favourite dinosaur, Brachiosaurus, pretty much had the right idea and I became a vegetarian. I no longer eat any meat at all. I am not overly keen on eating raw twigs like the dinos but it is hard to resist Mr Webb’s veggie chilli. And NO I do not miss bacon!!!
5. I am not ashamed to tell the world that I am a massive AFOL, and if you are unsure of what that means, it stands for Adult Fan Of Lego. I find Lego to be calming when I am feeling particularly anxious and it is fun for all the family. Even a rainy day can’t ruin the fun of Lego and my favourite sets are the Lego elves.
6. I have two children, they are my Webblings, Lilly and Harrison. My Webblings have helped me to realise that what I want most in this world is to make as many children happy as possible. I want to share my stories and my illustrations, to make my Webblings smile and to spread a little happiness throughout the world. (OK I am starting to think the Elf accusation may be justified!
7. I am a bunny slave! We have a house rabbit named Lady Peter. We never intended to have a rabbit but she came to us when we all needed a little comfort. We believed that Peter was a boy and we were very surprised to find that she was in fact a girl so we have altered her name to Lady Peter and she seems to like it. If you have never seen a bunny do a binky then please get on YouTube and watch some videos, they are guaranteed to make you smile!
8. I LOVE Christmas, I know, I know, everyone loves Christmas! BUT I REALLY LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love the magic of Christmas all year round. I draw Christmas pictures in February, write Christmas stories in June and watch Christmas movies all year round. I have a dinosaur Christmas globe that sits on my desk and I am probably wearing Christmas socks as you read this. (Maybe I have a little Elf in my ancestry.)
9. Cornlings and Glub, as of today I have self published three magical Cornlings books and have had Glub published by Little Goblins’ Books. You can read more about all of them on this website. I am hopeful that my latest book about the adventures of a young bee named Blake will be available early 2019.
10. I am hopelessly devoted to my husband, Jamie, who I has been by my side, encouraging me all the way for more than 17 years now. He is my bear and my rock and I don’t mind if that is corny. I love how he takes care of us, I really couldn’t do any of this without his help! But I do wish that he wouldn’t insist on leaving his wooly hats at friends and families houses, he is always loosing that thing!
So that is me, I hope you feel like you know me a bit more but always feel free to ask if you want to know more! Remember to shop independent, make someones day just a little bit brighter!
love Samantha x
P.S. do you think I am a North Pole Elf? x